Assuria Auditor RA
Configuration assurance, vulnerability assessment & compliance - agentless
Now you can have the power and flexibility of Assuria Auditor, Assuria’s industry leading agent based configuration assurance, vulnerability assessment and compliance solution, but using remote agentless technology alongside existing Auditor resident agents, in any combination you need. Integrated with the Assuria Auditor database and management functions that our customers know and love, Auditor RA uses the same policies and deep checks as used by Assuria Auditor resident agents.
Agent or agentless - which do I need?
You probably need both! No longer do you have to restrict your options by making a one way decision about whether to use resident agent based or agentless scanning solutions - with Assuria Auditor RA you have both options and can choose which is most appropriate in each case! The powerful Assuria Auditor resident agent technology is recommended where mission critical and highly sensitive servers are involved (external access to these servers is usually against policy). Otherwise, the credentialled agentless scanning features provided by Assuria Auditor RA are ideal. This blended approach is what more and more organisations are demanding!
Assuria Auditor RA performs internal scanning and uses securely stored credentials to login to the target host. Once logged-in, the RA software can obtain ‘host-based’ system data running as privileged user, just as if it were resident on the target host. The dedicated RA user interface is installed and runs alongside the Assuria Auditor Console providing mixed mode scanning operations.
The Assuria Auditor RA user interface provides facilities to:
- Create and manage the Credential Store used to securely store the credentials required to access target host systems.
- Add hosts or systems to be scanned.
- Create sessions -a mapping of Assuria Auditor Policies to target hosts.
- Run sessions - scan configured hosts or target systems.
- Monitor and view session progress.
Key features of Assuria Auditor RA
- Remote agent-less internal host scanning
- Policy Compliance, Configuration Assurance and Vulnerability Assessment reports
- Integrated, optional component of Assuria Auditor
- Uses current Assuria Auditor knowledge base
- Uses current Assuria Auditor Checks and Policies
- Includes secure credential store facility
- Results stored in Assuria Auditor Console database
- Integrated Assuria Auditor agent and agentless scans.
Assuria Auditor RA supports network scanning of the following:-
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 (64-bit)
- SuSE Linux Enterprise (SLES) systems
- VMware ESX 4
- VMware ESXi 4